Best Montreal Wedding Venues
Updated: May 3
What are the top wedding venues in Montreal? Finding Montreal wedding venues that are available, unique and adaptable can be overwhelming. Here at Luxury Moment Photography, couples often ask us what we think about certain wedding venues and we often give our couples tips on what venues photograph best and we'll also be the first to let you know that it is totally possible to find your diamond-in-the-rough. As seasoned wedding attendees, we really know what works in the city, and what places have the potential to make your wedding dreams come true. Wedding venues come in different styles, sizes, and lighting conditions. Each of them has their own unique elements, decor details, and ambiance. And as photographers, we pay great attention to the venue’s light and we like to divide venues into dark and light. Luckily Montreal has a great selection of stunning wedding venues and everyone can find something they love. From ultra-modern chic hotel ballrooms to intimate small wedding venues, this city is full of possibilities and hidden gems! Regardless of your style, taste, and aesthetics, you can always find a venue that is right for you. Here are a few suggestions to help you in your search for the perfect Montreal wedding venues. Who knows, one of these options could be right under your nose and you never even knew it! Please Feel free to share this ultimate information. This list will be update and review continuously.
Maison Principal is a new stunning venue located in Saint-Henri area for exclusive private events. It offers a magical setting for your dream wedding day. Featuring spectacular event spaces with classical architecture, including two ballrooms: the grand salon (with its 42 feet ceilings, suspended crystal chandeliers and ornate detailing) and Le Mignon. Dreamy, fairytale and elegant, Maison Principal is an absolute gem when it comes to wedding photography! Here are some pictures taken during their grand opening event (The pictures don't always do it justice, you really have to see this gem in-person).
Top 3 reasons why we love Maison Principal weddings:
1. Impeccable architecture with sky-high ceiling, stunning crystal chandeliers and most luxurious blank canvas that make for impressive wedding reception photos. A stupendous choice for a Disney-worthy wedding.
2. Elegant, Minimalist and modern aesthetics.
3. Every corner was hand detailed with workmanship and simply picturesque - the wow is all in its details.
Capacity: seated capacity of 450 people maximum cocktail capacity of 700 people maximum
Info: 872 rue du Couvent | 514 424-4430 | maisonprincipal.com
The Windsor Ballrooms
A breathtaking historic venue Located in the heart of downtown Montreal for all your events. The Windsor Ballrooms is easily accessible and one of the most elegant reception venue in Montreal.
Top 3 reasons why we love The Windsor Ballrooms weddings:
1. Perfect Location at the heart of downtown Montreal.
2. Love their luxurious and elegant Peacock alley.
3. Their ceiling moulding, crystal chandeliers and giant columns. Beautiful white, gold and blue decor elements. Elegant and bright banquet halls Tasteful architecture.
Capacity: Average 200-500
Info: 1170 Rue Peel #110 | 514 393-3588 | lewindsormontreal.com
(Pictures Sources from LeWindsormontreal)
Ritz Carlton Montreal
If you are an elegant, modern and classy bride, you would probably want to choose Ritz carlton Montreal as your wedding venue. It combines sophisticated and contemporary style at an ideal downtown location.
Top 3 reasons why we love Ritz Carlton Montreal weddings (European-inspired charm):
1. From its Spectacular Oval ballroom to smaller romantic and intimate venues. Ritz carlton makes the best option for your fabulous wedding.
2. Impeccable Ritz Carlton service.
3. It offers a great variety of outdoor wedding photo locations at the heart of downtown Montreal if you like more modern kind of style pictures.
Picture perfect Tips: You can actually book a room at Ritz Carlton hotel for both groom and bride's morning preparation pictures.
The Oval room (The hotel's charming grand ball room): 260 guests with a private terrace.
The Ritz and carlton room: up to 60 guests
The blue room: best for cocktails
The Gold and Grey rooms
Info: 1228 Sherbrooke St W | 514 842-4212 | Ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/canada/montreal
St-James Theatre / Théâtre St-James
A former bank Canadian Imperial Bank of commerce (CIBC) transformed into one of Montreal's most prestigious multi-purpose event venue. Located in the heart of old Montreal near church Notre-Dame Basilica, the St-James Theatre's soaring ceilings, marble floors and grand columns make for a fabulous, grand and unique wedding reception.
Top 3 reasons why we love St-James Theatre:
1. Incredibly high ceilings with a beautiful mezzanine which gives the photographers and videographers the best opportunity to capture your event from different creative angles.
2. Dramatic state of art lighting makes the best elegant timeless wedding day pictures.
3. Perfect location in the heart of old Montreal.
3 halls of different sizes: The imperial Ballroom, the white star vault room and the princess Grace Mezzanine. Maximum capacity of weddings is 350-400 guests.
Info: 265 St Jacques St | 514 268-7069 | stjamestheatre.ca
Four Seasons Hotel Montreal
Found in Montreal's swankiest neighbourhood, the four seasons Montreal boasts a luxury event space to host weddings of various sizes. With its floor-to-chilling windows on the higher floors, this chic and stylish reception is the new epicentre of the Golden Square Mile. It’s a light and spacious wedding venue that offers gorgeous bridal suites, amazing food and looks great in photographs. Its neutral colour palette and subtle textures are perfect for those light and airy wedding portraits.
Top 3 reasons why we love Four Seasons Hotel Montreal:
1. Elegant, chic and modern settings with the perfect downtown view. Spacious banquet halls that are filled with glowing sunlight. Serving as a blank canvas, you can transform their banquet halls into a real wedding fairytale!
2. Exceptional fine cuisine.
3. Beautiful hotel suites to take airy bridal portraits.
Maximum capacity of weddings is approximately 350 guests.
Info: 1440 Rue de la Montagne | 514 843-2500 | fourseasons.com/montreal/weddings/
(Picture sources: WeddingWire)
There’s so much to love about a romantic vineyard wedding! This Montreal wedding venue has plenty of beautiful outdoor photo options that can look different no matter how many times you’ve been there. From a rustic venue to a romantic apple trees field and vineyard, La Bullerie is one of the most versatile wedding venues out there. With its panoramic vistas of the city and lush green fields, it would be a perfect choice for someone who is looking for a romantic rustic vibe for an intimate wedding.
Top 3 reasons we love La Bullerie weddings:
1. La Bullerie offers a great variety of outdoor wedding photo locations you love rustic, forest and greenery backdrop.
2. Drone, helicopter and private jet friendly. Perfect way to capture your wedding day from a different angle with a drone at the vineyard.
3. This unique wedding venue is perfect for couples who loves good wine, good food and a staff that will really make sure your wedding runs perfectly.
La bullerie has two main halls, one can accommodate up to 150 people while the second hall can accommodate up to 50 people.
Info: 2007 Chemin Principal, Saint-Joseph-du-Lac | 450 472-2722 | labullerie.com
Ristorante Beatrice's intimate and lavish garden terrace features a retractable rood, signature green wall with twinkle romantic lights, provide the perfect elegant and whimsical venue for all your fabulous wedding.
Top 3 reasons we love Ristorante Beatrice weddings:
1. Located in the heart of downtown Montreal's golden Square mile district
2. Enjoy your fabulous wedding day under whimsy and romance of dinning under the starts, and dancing the night away in the heart of the city.
3. Delicious Italian cuisine
Ristorante Beatrice can accommodate up to 180 to 400 guests
Info: 1504 Sherbrooke St W | 514-937-6009 |beatriceristorante.com
(Picture source: http://beatriceristorante.com/fr/accueil/)
Le Mount Stephen Hotel
Le Mount Stephen Hotel is one of the most treasured site in Montreal, it is designated as a national historic site by the government of Canada (Source: Weddingbells.ca). Also located at the heart of Montreal Downtown, this stunning venue can accommodate up to more than 350 guests.
Top 3 reasons we love Le Mount Stephen Hotel weddings:
1. Located in the heart of downtown montreal's golden Square mile district
2. Celebrating your most important in an elegant neo-renaissance building with a sleek modern tower.
3. Floor-to-celling windows.
Le Mount Stephan Hotel can accommodate up to 350 guests
Info: 1440 Rue Drummond | 514-669-9246 |lemountstephen.com/weddings.htm
(Picture source: Elegantwedding)
Constructed of glass and steel. La Scena is surrounded with window, high celling and a breathtaking views of the marina and downtown Montreal.
Top 3 reasons we love La Scena weddings:
1. It is fantastic from a photography and videography point of view, the space have plenty of natural light coming through the windows and it also has a mezzanine to get those shots of the venue from above,
2. Absolutely stunning view and location
3. If you love modern and bright wedding photography style, this venue should definitely be on top of your list.
Capacity: Maximum capacity 450 guests
Info: Quai Jacques-Cartier (face à la, Place Jacques-Cartier | 514-288-0914 |scena.ca
If you are dreamy to get married in a chateau for a fairytale kind of wedding, the your hunt for the perfect venue stops here. Whether you are planning an intimate or a grand wedding, chateau Vaudreuil definitely gives you an option to wow your guests.
Top 3 reasons we love Chateau Vaudreuil weddings:
1. If you love greenery pictures, you don't have to go far, everything is at Chateau Vaudreuil.
2. Absolutely stunning water view
3. Getting ready at Chateau Vaudreuil's hotel room
Capacity: Maximum capacity 500+ guests
Info: 21700 Trans-Canada Hwy, Vaudreuil-Dorion | 450-455-0955 |chateau-vaudreuil.com |
Cathedral-style. The cavernous space, with 50-foot ceilings and impressive stone archways, is not only ideal for out of box creative and elegant wedding, but it is also for the jaw-dropping fabulous wedding. It used to be Royal bank's headquarters back in 1928 back it is now transformed into a cafe.
Top 3 reasons we love Crew collective Cafe weddings:
1. Perfect location in the heart of Old Montreal
2. The incredible detail every single inch of this venue will wow you.
3. Incredibly high celling
Capacity: 100+ guests
Info: 360 St Jacques St, | 514-887-2739 |crewcollectivecafe.com/en/events |
(Picture source: Weddingbells.ca)
It is located inside one of the prettiest building in Old Montreal, The Montreal World Trade Centre- Centre du commerce. If you are planning for a big wedding, intercontinental is definitely your number one choice. With its largest room capacity being 1,000 guests for a cocktail reception.
Top 3 reasons we love Intercontinental Montreal weddings:
1. Perfect location in the heart of Old Montreal
2. Offers the perfect back up photography plan for a rainy wedding day. Great indoor photoshoot location.
3. One of Photographers' favourite location
Capacity: 1000+ guests
Info: 360 Saint-Antoine St W | 514-987-9900 |intercontinental.com/hotels/us/en/|
Here are also other amazing wedding venues for your references:
Old Port Area:
-Plaza du Parc (Brand new Reception in Longeuil opened in Nov 2019)
We hope you find this guide helpful! Whether we’ve been there before or not, here at Luxury Moment Photography, our photographers and videographers always do their homework and scout your venue. We are also pride ourselves in maintaining great relationships with top venues who pinpoint the best backdrops, suites and views. As always, feel free to pick our brain on all things weddings and reach out to us using the form here.
Welcome to our Montreal wedding photography blog. Please visit our wedding portfolio here and my engagement portfolio here. We are an international award-winning, published Montreal wedding photographer also specializing in portrait, corporate, maternity and boudoir photography and deeply passionate about destination weddings. We shoot primarily in the Greater Montreal and Toronto area but also love traveling for work! Some destinations we have shot in are Quebec and colorful Mexico as well as California, Las Vegas/Nevada, New Orleans, and Asia. Since 2016, we have shot over 100 weddings and continue to love what we do so very much. When you’re always surrounded by love, happiness, and contagious, happy energy, what’s not to love? We are currently booking for 2021 weddings, so message us soon with any inquiries you may have about your portrait or wedding photography. Contact us here or email us info@Luxurymomentphotography.com.
Luxury Moment Photography